Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Beginning

I have an obsession with baking and cake decorating. I know I'm not the only one. There seems to be a plethora of shows on the subject -- Cake Boss, Ace of Cakes, Cupcake Wars, Food Network Challenges, etc. I can watch them for hours on end.

I dream of opening a small bakery selling only cakes and cupcakes. While walking through old towns with great storefront shops, I imagine my bakery there. I hope to make a business out of this one day. For now I'm just learning and hoping someone will want to use my services at some point.

For my birthday Josh bought me Wilton cake decorating classes at Michael's. I figured I'd start this blog to post pictures and report my progress. I have my last class for Level 1 this coming Friday. I guess I should have started the blog sooner. I have taken pictures from all of the projects except week one. Those will follow soon (as soon as I figure out how to post pictures to the blog site).

2 comments:

  1. FIRST COMMENT..WHOOT.

    Blogging is way overrated by the way. I have to do it for a class. That being said, I look forward to your adventures of baking...make sure you regularly get outside input! Because we're friends I volunteer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome....I hope you bring some examples to work.

    ReplyDelete