Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Class 4

The last class for the Fondant and Gum Paste series has come and gone. The last class consisted of covering a cake with fondant then decorating it. We also learned to make a few borders. I'm really pleased with how this cake turned out.

This was the first time Josh and I have tasted fondant. I ended up liking it but Josh was not a fan. It kinda tasted like marshmallows. I did make the fondant a little too thick so I'll try to make it with a thinner layer of fondant and more icing under the fondant next time.

This was a chocolate cake with my mom's buttercream recipe. I also added some sprinkles to the filling in between the layers.

The last class that Michael's offers is Flowers and Cake Design. This class starts this coming Tuesday evening. I haven't signed up yet. For some reason I don't know if I want to take the class but I better hurry up and make a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment